Drilling fluid solids control centrifuge generate centrifugal force of high speed ratation by the rotor of motor which can accelerate the settling velocity of the solid particles in the liquid phase, and the solid particles with different sedimentation coefficient and buoyancy density are separated. The slag pushing job of the drilling fluid solids control centrifuge is accomplished by the propeller.
Under the action of the differential, a certain speed difference formed between the screw propeller and the roller, the solid particles that have been settled to the cylinder wall are scraped away from the cylinder wall and then pushed to a small end of the roller by the helical blades, and are dehydrated during propulsion process, solids particles reach the sand spray nozzle finally and are thrown ot of the roller, then the four-class treatment of drilling mud solids control is completed.
Installation procedure of drilling fluid solids control centrifuge:
1. The drilling fluid solids control centrifuge should be firmly installed at the place where is far from the entrance of the drilling pump in order to ensure that the recovery of liquid phase can be fully stirred.
2. It should be sure that the drilling fluid solids control centrifuge is fixed firmly, the four legs of the bracket should be fixed on the position of the tank surface that with a supporting beam position.
3. It should be ensured that the sand drain tank can be extended out to the tank to make it easy to drain sand during the installation of drilling fluid solids control centrifuge , and connect the water supply line well on the sand drain tank to ensure sand draining smoothly.
4. The drilling fluid pump should be installed in the proper position after cyclone desander and mud desilter, and connect the feeding pipe to the inlet pipe joint right.
5. Connect the flushing water supply pipe and shunt tube on the inlet pipe and box body right.
6. Turn on thepower supply. There should be switch controling between the control box to the power supply of the drilling fluid solids control centrifuge to ensure the safety of maintenance.
In order to make the installation and use of the jet mud mixer more efficient, we should pay attention to several problems:
1 Selecting the jet mud mixer which is suitable for drilling fluid system.
2 Keep the distance between the pipe line and the hopper as short and straight as possible.
3 Use new and clean spare parts to reduce friction loss.
4 Working table should be installed and fixed near the funnel to support the materials in a bag.
5 As well as the maintenances of other drilling equipments, regular maintenances and inspections of the drilling funnel shall be maintained.
If the injection function of the nozzle is not up to standard, the following contents shall be checked :
1 in normal discharged pressure head, determine whether the pump can provide enough drilling fluid, and check the pressure gauge on the upper reaches of the funnel of jet mud mixer.
2 When the device is closed, the hopper and valve are removed from the three – way pipe, and the live joint is installed on the upper of the funnel, and check to determine whether there is corrosion or whether there is an object – blocking gas lift pipe.
Flare igniter is always used together with mud gas separator, it is the device for the treatment of refineries and the exhaust of natural gas gathering and transportation stations and venting of natural gas. We can ignite and burn the venting gas which is poisonous and combustible by using the flare igniter in order to eliminate the harm on the environment and safety, so flare igniter is a type of equipment which is safe and environmental.
Wide application of flare igniter:
Besides using in oil refinery and gas transmission station, the flare igniter also matching with the mud gas separator, and it is widely used in the petroleum drilling engineering at present. The flare igniter is a mature product which is used in many places such as domestic Xinjiang and Sichuan, Jianghan oil field and abroad Iran, Egypt and Venezuela.
Constitution of flare igniter:
The flare igniter is mainly composed of seven parts or more of the torch body, ignition control box, a high voltage generator, cables, hoses, liquefied petroleum gas (liquefied gas matched by users), anti backfire device etc.
Technological process of flare igniter:
1 Transport the combustible gas by means of a pipeline to the inlet of burner (torch) which is installed at a safe zone.
2 Connect and start the flare igniter.
3 Open the liquefied gas tank, then operate the flare igniter and ignite fire drawing tube (primary ignition).
4 The burning fire drawing tube will ignite the venting gas (second stage ignition).
5 Close the liquefied gas tank and extinguish the fire drawing tube, let the venting combustible gas burning freely.
The formation of cavitation will have some negative effects on the work of the centrifugal sand pump. For example, it will speed up the destruction of the centrifugal pump impeller and other metal components. It will aslo cause noise and vibration in the process of work and cause the decrease of working parameters of cemtrifugal pump. Therefore, in order to prevent the formation of cavitation, te operation of the centrifugal pump need to put forward the following requirements:
(1) The inlet valve must be fully opened when the centrifugal pump is operating.
(2) It is not easy to form cavitation at a low flow rate.
(3) The higher the centrifugal sand pump is installed, the more cushy to come into being cavitation.
(4) When the temperature of the drilling fluid is high, it is possible to form cavitation.
(5) It is possible to have the cavitaton in the centrifugal pump if the density of the drilling fluid is high.
(6) Screen plugs of the centrifugal pump is one reason of generating cavitation.
(7) It may produce cacitation when the surface of the drilling fluid is too low.
Good performance of the drilling fluid is one of the basic conditions of the success of drilling, but the drilling fluid is easy to be polluted by H2S, gypsum, salt and CO2 and other pollutions then deteriorate and lose efficacy, which will impact on the safety of drilling seriously and increase construction costs. Therefore, we should pay attention to the environmental protection problems, let us understand the causes of the drilling fluid pollution and the way to deal with it following:
How do drilling fluid pollute environment
1. The organic compounds in the drilling fluid can not be easily degraded in the soil, they form a layer of isolation film, which prevent soil and plant from water absorption, in addition, some organic compounds are toxic, and is harmful to the water.
2. The oil and diesel oil in the drilling fluid also do great harmful to soil, plants and water.
3. The salt and exchangeable sodium in the drilling fluid can cause soil compaction, make the plant difficult to absorb water from the soil, which is not only go against the growth of plants, but also have a considerable impact on the groundwater.
4. Cuttings in the drilling fluid can produce more or less influence on soil, plant, groundwater and water.
How to reduce or eliminate the pollution of the surrounding environment of well drilling fluid
1. Add little or none inorganic salt, especially sodium salt and the organic polymer that not easy to degrade.
2. Use the solid free drilling fluid as far as possible, one is easy to clean the debris, the two is not need to discharge and exchange the slurry, three is the drilling fluid can be reused.
3. Use high quality drilling fluid, so that the debris can whole deposit down in maximum possible in the circular groove, which will be easy to clean cuttings.
4. Qualified teams use the mud machine to reduce solid content and prolong the service cycle of drilling fluid.
5. Use the drilling fluid of upper well to drill soil surface.
6. Digging pit, mat plastic film, the cuttings will be filling up.
7 . Add curing agent to the finishing drilling fluid to prevent the drilling fluid from being harden, so that prevent environmental pollution.
Although very cold weather in China these days, the enthusiasm of our staff has not been reduced by the kilkling freezing for the order for goods comeing from our customers one by one.
The destination of these products is the country of Burein, for one of our clients in Brunei signed the purchase contract with us one month ago. This friendly sir had purchased many mud solids control equipments from our factory before, such as mud cleaner system, mud centrifuge and so on.
This time he and his company was interested in the centrifugal pump and mud agitator we produced and we finally signed the purchase order for the high quality of our products and the trust from our long-term cooperation.
The centrifugal pumps model is DCSB8x6-14
It has the following parameters:
Flow: 320m3/h, 1408GPM
Weight: 1105 kg
And followed the parameters of the two mud agitators for reference also:
Transmissions Type: Worm Wheel
Impeller Speed: 60 r/min
Electric Specs: 480V/60HZ
Agitator Weight: 655kg
If you are interested in the equipments produced by our company, please feel free to contact us. For we are the manufacturer specialized in mud solids control equipments and mud waste management system, we will provide the high quality products and perfect service for you.
Mud cleaner is a combined unit of shale shaker ,desander ,desilter hydro cyclones and manifold. In drilling mud solids control system ,it is installed behind shale shaker as second and third grade solids control equipment, minimum separation point 15um.The fluids recovered can be pumped back to well use directly or for next phase separation by decanter centrifuge for ultra fine solids removal.
DC mini mud cleaner integrate smaller footprint drying shaker and desander,desilter hydro cyclones，offers better performance than traditional desander and desilter .It is an economical solutions for barite recovery and separation of LGS.Most popular for small power drilling rig in oil&gas,CBM ,HDD industry.
When the flow provided by the pump operating point can not meet the new requirements of the flow, should try to change the position of the pump working point, that is, the need for flow regulation, flow control methods are as follows:
(1) Install a control valve in the centrifugal pump outlet pipe, change the valve opening, that is, to change the pipeline characteristic curve. The valve opening, the working point away from the longitudinal axis; the valve is small, the working point near the longitudinal axis.
The advantage of this method is that the operation is simple and flexible. The disadvantage is that the valve closed, the resistance of the pipeline increases, the energy loss increases, so that the pump can not work in the maximum efficiency area, is not economical. Using the method of changing the valve opening to regulate the flow rate in the flow regulation range, and often need to adjust the occasion.
(2) Change the pump speed, that is, to change the pump characteristic curve. Variable speed regulation of flow is more economical, because it does not have the energy loss caused by throttling. But this requires using a prime mover can change the speed to drive, such as the use of DC motor and double speed motor, turbine, in between pump and constant speed motor and hydraulic coupling coupling, in the power supply circuit of the motor installation of frequency converter, changing the speed of the motor.
Turning the outside diameter of impeller, change the characteristic curve of centrifugal pump, the pump operating point changes, but turning impeller diameter cannot be restored, so that it is suitable for applications that require long-term traffic regulation and impeller cutting volume shoulds not be too big, otherwise it will cause reduction in the efficiency of the centrifugal pump.
The existence of excessive useless solid phase in mud is the biggest hidden trouble to destroy the performance of drilling fluid, reduce drilling speed and lead to complex situations in all kinds of wells. People in the long-term practice and continuous research, summed it up that the high content of useless solid phase in drilling fluid will bring the following several points of adverse effect for drilling works.
1.The influence of solid phase to drilling speed
When the mud solid content is high, the ability to carry the drilling cuttings is weakened, a large number of large particles can not be discharged out of the well hole, causing the bit to broken bits repeatly, and thus increasing the wear of drilling tool, thereby affecting the drilling speed.
2. The influence of solid phase to mud cake quality
During the drilling process, the amount of water loss and solid particle content will directly affect the quality of mud cake formed in the hole wall. A small amount of fluid loss, mud cake is thin and tough and will do good protection for the well wall, which is our goal. High solid content, water loss of slurry increases, resulting in shale formation water hydration swelling and hole wall instability, and induce the hole accident.
3.The influence of solid phase to circulation system
The higher the solid phase content is, the more the mechanical wear of the circulatory system will be. Too much solid phase in the mud will accelerate the wear of mud pump cylinder and piston, thereby increasing the maintenance time and lead to the decrease of the drilling efficiency. Drilling efficiency will be significantly reduced due to the increase of the auxiliary operation.
4.The increase of waste pulp displacement, causing environmental pollution
In the process of drilling, the performance of the drilling can be changed due to the cuttings entering into the drilling mud continuously. Most of the mud is belong to alkaline solution, random emissions will not only destroy the vegetation, but also cause the alkalization of soil, and influence the vegetation regeneration. In addition, there are some additives in the drilling mud so that the color of mud will change into black, a large number of emissions will cause visual pollution to environment.
As two indispensable equipment in the solids control system of oil & gas drilling, desander and desilter are responsible for separating the small solids in the drilling fluids that has been treated by the shale shaker and vacuum degasser. The desander takes care of the solids with diameter 45~74μm, and 15~44μm for desilter.
Normally desander is mounted on the top of the first mud tank together withshale shakers and vacuum degassers, while desilter is mounted together with centrifuges. Sometimes to save the top area of the mud tank, desander and desilter are combined together to work as high efficient mud cleaner.
Desander and desilter are consisted of hydrocyclones, high pressure flow pipes and a small shale shaker at the bottom. For desanders and desilters, only one vibration motor is used to drive the screen basket. while for high efficient it would need two motors. There would be equipped with two 10″ or 12″ iron hydrocyclones for desander just as the solids need to be separated is relatively big, and include some sands in the mud. While for desilter, it would be equiped 6 to 12 pcs 4″ hydrocyclones. which are made of wear-resisting plastic.
Working Principle of the Hydrocyclones:
For the work principle of hydrocyclones, it works like this. First the drilling fluids is sucked up to 0.25Mpa ~ 0.4Mpa by sand pump, and enters into the cones through the side inlet which is normally only 2-1/2″ in diameter. The fluids then flows spirally inside of the cone. Effected by the centrifugal force, the heavy solids in the fluids would be thrown towards the inner wall of the cones, go down to the bottem, and discharge through the sand discharge port, while the light fluids would go up and discharge through the upper oulet. The diameter of the bottom discharge port is adjustable, and with a cover of hydrocyclone.
As a wear part of desander and desilter, the lifetime of hydrocyclones is not so long as other parts. So it is neccessary to check their working condition, and replace them with new ones. As a whole set of the hydrocyclone, clamps and flang are also replaced together with the hydrocyclones.